the concept

the concept

The idea came from some friends, Lucy Jason & George, who were back home briefly & raved about a chef in London's East End...http://fridaynightakeout.blogspot.com/
I thought it was such a good idea, the best thing to do would be to bring it to life here where I live in New Zealand.
So...I'm also a freelance chef, each week I cook a different dish, depending on what's in season, what's good now, or just how I feel. Lately I've been cooking a lot of my mother's dishes

Dish descriptions will be posted here online early in the week, recipes later over the weekend, with links to:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pabloskitchen/130053437081945 & http:/twitter.com/#!/pabloskitchen

As I play with the idea through the week, the dish maybe evolves a little, but that's half the fun. Meals will be priced at $20, incl delivery & orders can be made anytime up to roughly lunchtime Thursday, which is when I go shopping. Simply get in touch, email or txt, you can order as many as you like!
Afternoon Friday I'll deliver dinnerboxes warm/cooling/cold, locally in & around my base, which admittedly does change a bit - currently I'm north of Auckland, living by the beach in Mangawhai (just let me know where you are when you get in touch).

tel: 021 676 123
email: pabloskitchen@yahoo.com

I've recently included an email subscription option at the bottom of this page &, while I have no idea how it works, the hope is that it automatically sends to subscribers email notifications each week about the dish...so, sign up!

disclaimer:
From time to time, when the wanderlust takes over, I hit the road & disappear in search of dishes, tastes & ingredients elsewhere. Then this blog takes on a different kind of persona; a travelling recipe book of notes, pics & stories, ideas to inspire & for me to return to, once I get back home.

Monday 3 October 2011

07oct2011: risotto sforzesco, orange sage porcini risotto

one of the surprise pleasures of this little enterprise is the conversations i'm having with people about food. maybe they've enjoyed a fridaynightdinner box or two already, or there are those who have heard about it & want to find out a little more...
i mean let's face it, who doesnt enjoy tucking into some tasty scran? on a friday night no less?? the week is done, it's time to wash it all away & the fridaynightdinnerbox sounds...kinda perfect :)
well hey, i'd be pretending if i said i'm not stoked everytime i hear that
it is, afterall, kinda the whole point

so this week the dish is a request, the second in three weeks in fact, for the folks at trelise cooper (if i was a dj, i guess that's what you'd call a shout-out). it's vegetarian, but for the meat lovers out there amidst the steadily growing fridaynightdinnerboxer population, fret not: let me know you feel nervous about a meatless meal & i'll sort you out. theres a sausage i get very excited about ;) made by salash, it's traditional, it's pure, it's sensational, & there's little to compare it to, at least in this neck of the woods. my favourite is the khulen, a spicy chorizo style sausage, air dried, sliced & tossed thru, just for you.

the dish then: risotto sforzesco, orange, sage & porcini risotto, combines 'fresh & woodsy flavours, zesty & perky at first bite. fresh sage gives the dish wonderful depth of character', though i'll be dropping in to see my fav produce supplier at la cigale this wednesday afternoon to make sure the sage is up to it; parsley will substitute if need be & that's just fine. a green spring salad will be served along side.

your part is easy: drop me a txt or an email place your order. i'll see you friday.
tel: 021 2414 020
email: pabloskitchen@yahoo.com (sub: fridaynightdinnerbox)

i've recently included an email subscription option on my blog page, & while i have no idea how it works, the hope is that it automatically sends email notification out each week about the dish.
sign up!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing meal- the depth of the white port and the mushrooms, richness of the stock- I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The salad was a great side- loved the cran-raisins. Drooling for next Friday night

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bottle of secofino i bought many years ago & really yesterday was just an excuse to dust it off & pull the cork out. makes nice drinking too :)

    ReplyDelete