the concept

the concept

The idea came from some friends, Lucy Jason & George, who were back home briefly & raved about a chef in London's East End...http://fridaynightakeout.blogspot.com/
I thought it was such a good idea, the best thing to do would be to bring it to life here where I live in New Zealand.
So...I'm also a freelance chef, each week I cook a different dish, depending on what's in season, what's good now, or just how I feel. Lately I've been cooking a lot of my mother's dishes

Dish descriptions will be posted here online early in the week, recipes later over the weekend, with links to:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pabloskitchen/130053437081945 & http:/twitter.com/#!/pabloskitchen

As I play with the idea through the week, the dish maybe evolves a little, but that's half the fun. Meals will be priced at $20, incl delivery & orders can be made anytime up to roughly lunchtime Thursday, which is when I go shopping. Simply get in touch, email or txt, you can order as many as you like!
Afternoon Friday I'll deliver dinnerboxes warm/cooling/cold, locally in & around my base, which admittedly does change a bit - currently I'm north of Auckland, living by the beach in Mangawhai (just let me know where you are when you get in touch).

tel: 021 676 123
email: pabloskitchen@yahoo.com

I've recently included an email subscription option at the bottom of this page &, while I have no idea how it works, the hope is that it automatically sends to subscribers email notifications each week about the dish...so, sign up!

disclaimer:
From time to time, when the wanderlust takes over, I hit the road & disappear in search of dishes, tastes & ingredients elsewhere. Then this blog takes on a different kind of persona; a travelling recipe book of notes, pics & stories, ideas to inspire & for me to return to, once I get back home.

Tuesday 19 February 2013

friday22feb13: parmesan potato gnocci, truffle oil, catch of the day

This week the recipe comes from my amigo Diego, fellow chef. We'll be experimenting with the dish over the next few days in Mangawhai, in a great kitchen at my mother's farm. Basically, the way Diego just described it, sounds pretty damn good, a definite dinnerbox contender.

Potato gnocci with a simple truffle oil dressing, shaved parmesan, he's hoping to catch some snapper to have with it, me I've brought lamb, & we'll find some greens at the market. It may change a little by Friday, but thats the fun part.

til then...


Your part is simple: get in touch by thursday afternoon, cos that's when I go shopping, & tell me how many dinnerboxes you'd like.
Drop-offs from 4pm onwards, to the office/site/home just let me know what suits.

To order, contact me by txt or email:
txt: 021 676 123
email: pabloskitchen@yahoo.com (subject heading: “fridaynightdinnerbox”)
& I’ll confirm your order when received.

talk to you soon…

cheers - Pablo

No comments:

Post a Comment